Friday, October 15, 2010

Research Idea

So I've been contemplating ideas for the ORCA research application that's due this next week. I'm still wanting to do it, but I think I've changed my direction a little bit.

Oregon has a technology teacher of the year award and about 7 years ago my computer science teacher - who is retiring this year - won the award. I always felt he was an amazing teacher and I would like to see what qualities are common amongst technology teachers who become noticed and awarded such recognitions through the state.

My Idea for the orca grant is to go back to Oregon and do a few hours of job shaddowing with 5 or 6 of the winners of this Technology Teacher of the Year award. I'd like to interview them and find out how they bring students into their programs, how much extra work they do to help the program succeed, and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment